Time to Train as Some of the Greatest Heroes

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Masquerade Library meeting

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Hood

PostSubject: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 4:13 pm

Oliver had just gotten to the school. He didn't want to go to the party so he was waiting in the Library just relaxing.

He was leaning back in a chair as he looked up at the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Hannah had decided to leave the ballroom once her friends started drifting off to talk to other people and decided to go to the library to see if she could read any books that she thought would be interesting. She hurried out of the ballroom and made her way towards the library, she hadn't seen Tony so far and that made her feel a little upset but she knew probably had had things come up, she doubted that he would have forgotten her. She entered the library and started to make her way to a row of books when she saw an older man sitting in a chair, "Oh wow you startled me!" She burst out, she hadn't expected to see anyone and now she felt like an idiot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Oliver had heard someone enter and walk around the library. When the girl gave a yell of surprise he glanced over at her. He raised an eyebrow at her as he watched her. "And who are you?" He asked in his quiet voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 5:52 pm

"Uh I'm Hannah." She said and cleared her throat as she looked down at her feet before slowly looking back up at him, "And you are?" She asked as she studied him he certainly seemed to be a little on the gruff side, which only made her feel even more self-conscious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Oliver hesitated for a moment, not sure how to answer this. He never really cared about names. He didn't particularly like the name The Hood and he thought the name Green Arrow was lame, and he was not used to giving up his actual name.

"Oliver." He told her. "Why aren't you at the party?" He asked her with some suspicion narrowing his eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 6:57 pm

She raised an eyebrow at him, "I could ask you the same question." She pointed out as she folded her arms and studied him, "But if you must know I just wanted some time to myself as all my friends just started talking to some guys." She said with a shrug. Inwardly though she was still upset that Tony hadn't showed up...even though she kept telling herself that he must have had a good reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Oliver's lips twitched as Hannah tried to turn the table on him. It was kind of funny.

"I asked you first." He smirked as he countered her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 7:26 pm

Hannah raised an eyebrow at him, "And you still haven't explained your reason, whereas I have." She pointed out with growing exasperation, some men were so difficult to read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Ollie smirked. She had some attitude on her. "I just got here and didn't feel like going to the party." he told her simply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Hannah sighed, "There now was that so hard?" She couldn't help but say as she studied him, "So Oliver, are you a teacher here?" She asked as she studied him, he certainly seemed older then her anyway but she figured she may as well ask.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Ollie's face went still again as he studied the girl. She seemed ok enough. "I'm going to be a teacher. I'll be working with a guy named Hawkeye or something." He told her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 8:30 pm

She nodded, "Right so what will you be teaching?" She asked as she went to study some of the books on the shelf behind her as she waited for him to reply. She withdrew one book that looked pretty interesting and she scanned the cover for a moment before looking back up at Oliver.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Oliver watched her movements carefully. Not that he thought she was a 'threat' persay but on the Island if you let your guard down you got dead. So now he always watched.

"Archery." He told her. "And some hand to hand fighting with weaponry."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 8:42 pm

"That's pretty cool, beats my healing power that's for sure." Hannah said with a shrug. "So archery? Is that difficult to learn?" She asked curiously. She knew a little about martial arts but not a whole lot so that would be cool too however she had always wanted to learn archery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shielduniversity.forumotion.com
The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 9:21 pm

Oliver thought for a moment. He remembered how he learned to shoot. How he had to slap water for two days and then begin learning to shoot on instinct and taking in all the different variables in seconds.

"It can be. A lot of it is instinct and being able to take in all the variables at once." He explained.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 9:42 pm

She nodded in understanding and then put the book back, "So you're well versed in archery and martial arts....huh know any foreign languages too?" She asked curiously. He reminded her of Green Arrow..his name was Oliver and he was an archer of course the Oliver she knew was from a telvevision show called Smallville and so she doubted there was any correlation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Oliver had flashes of learning both Chines and Russian on the island to survive. How the first word in Mandarin he learned meant survive.

"Yes. Russian and Mandarin." He told her simply. Oliver had learned to be a man of few words back on the island.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Hannah's eyes widened, "That's so cool! One of my friends is Russian, she had to move back to Russia a few weeks ago but she's awesome!" She said and laughed before she blushed again. "And I've heard Mandarin is really difficult to learn, is that true?" She asked curiously as she studied him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 9:56 pm

Oliver pulled back slightly when she got so excited. "I wouldn't know. I learned with immersion. If I hadn't learned I would have died." He said simply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 10:06 pm

She blinked at him in surprise, "Woah...well I guess that is a good motivator." She said and then blushed again, "Sorry I tend to say really stupid things...especially around guys." She said and then bit her bottom lip. "What happened?" She asked curiously with her eyes wide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 10:11 pm

Oliver narrowed his eyes at her. He didn't like talking about the Island, but he might as well tell her the basics. "I was cast away on an island in the south China sea, there were Chinese war criminals and Russian mercenaries for five years." He told her calmly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Hannah's eyebrows went up, "Wow...how did you escape?" She asked softly as she stared at him with wide eyes. She had a feeling that if she had been in his place she would have died early on...she had never been good at doing stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 10:49 pm

Oliver thought for a moment about how he escaped the Island. When it came down to it it was very simple.

"Luck, timing, training and the will to survive." He told her simply. And it was the truth. He was lucky when he meet his teachers. He had timing when he spotted that ship near the shore. The training came from his teachers and the will to survive was just something everyone had in some way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gemina

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Hannah smiled, "Well I'm grateful you survived, that must have been awful." She said quietly as she tried to picture something like that and failing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Hood

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   Tue May 14, 2013 11:14 pm

Oliver's lip twitched up. "Thanks." His eyes softened slightly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masquerade Library meeting   

Back to top Go down

Masquerade Library meeting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next