Shield University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to Train as Some of the Greatest Heroes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Character Profile: Doctor Strange

Go down 
+3
Hel
Torunn
Doctor Stephen Strange
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Doctor Stephen Strange

Doctor Stephen Strange

Character Profile: Doctor Strange Empty
PostSubject: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 11:18 pm

NAME- Stephen Vincent Strange

ALIAS- Doctor Strange

AGE - 35

OCCUPATION- Teacher

RELATIONSHIPS- None (will be continuously updated as the RP progresses, for mine and the other RPers' sake ^^)

PERSONALITY- Strange started out as extremely egotistical, but after his ordeal in the Himalayas (see below), he went through an extreme humbling experience. However, this is not to say that he is constantly downplaying his importance. He knows full well how much power he has, and he is aware of what it means to have the title “Sorcerer Supreme.” He has learned some wisdom from the Ancient One, and he tries to use it to the best of his ability. He has kindness in his heart - especially for children, and takes his responsibilities extremely seriously. He knows that peoples lives depend on him, and he doesn’t treat that lightly. This does not mean that he is totally devoid of humor - in fact, he is quite fond of using his magical background to confound those of a more scientific inclination. He takes great amusement in seeing people try to explain away his powers.

FEARS- Strange’s biggest fear is that he’ll become like he used to be - egotistical and uncaring about others. He knows that in combination with his powers, that would result in many lives being lost. He fears failure, and letting down the people he cares about. Strange also has a fear of uselessness, as he is still haunted by how inept he was made when the bones in his hands shattered. That’s why he learned martial arts - so if he was ever separated from his powers, he could still protect his loved ones.

HISTORY- Strange was one of the best neurosurgeons before he became Sorcerer Supreme. He was renowned internationally, and he took great pride in this. In fact, a bit too much pride. The only failure he ever experienced was when he had to operate on a little girl - his sister - and lost her. The loss and defeat shook Strange to his core, and he became more determined than ever to become the best at his trade, only refusing to operate on children, as remnants of his sister’s death still haunted him.
However, years later, Strange was in a car accident, which completely shattered the bones in his hands. Because of this, he could never practice neurosurgery again. Refusing to accept this defeat, Strange spent all his funds going to doctors around the world, trying to find someone to fix his hands. He was soon left penniless, wandering around performing back-alley medical procedures. But when he had lost all hope, he heard of a hermit in the Himalayas known only as the Ancient One. Desperate, Strange seeked the old man out, only to be refused help because of his selfish nature. Strange was allowed to stay in the monastery, however, as the Ancient One did see some good left in Strange’s heart, which he attempted on numerous occasions to bring to the surface.
Strange finally proved himself worthy when he selflessly saved the Ancient One from an attack by Mordo, one of his ambitious disciples. After defeating Mordo, the Ancient One started tutoring Strange in the mystic arts.
Under the Ancient One’s tutelage, Strange battled many mystical foes. However, in battle against Dormammu - a mystical entity, or rather demon - the Ancient One was killed, and he passed on his title of Sorcerer Supreme to Strange, who used his increased power to defeat Dormammu.
Strange has spent his time since then continuing to battle evil, mystical forces, occasionally helping out other heroes, though mainly working by himself. He was recently made aware of a rip in the universe, and knowing it to have originated at S.H.I.E.L.D., he contacted Fury, in hopes he could be of assistance with the disturbance.

POWERS/SPECIAL TALENTS- Doctor Strange has been described as "the mightiest magician in the cosmos", and as "more powerful by far than any of your fellow humanoids" by Eternity, the sentience of the Marvel Universe.
Strange draws power from several mystical entities, such as the Vishanti (Hoggoth, Oshtur, and Agamotto) and the Octessence (Balthakk, Cyttorak, Farallah, Ikonn, Krakkan, Raggadorr, Valtorr, and Watoomb). These entities usually lend their power to a particular effect, such as the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, which are used by Strange to entrap foes.
Strange can use magic to achieve virtually any effect he desires, such as flight,[citation needed] immortality, energy blasts, teleportation, astral projection, telepathy, the creation of materials such as food and water, creating planet-wide protective shields, restoring himself from bodily destruction, resurrecting the dead, stopping and reversing time, sealing black holes, restoring universes, absorbing enough power to unconsciously destroy galaxies, growing to the size of and merging with universal concepts, and co-operatively channeling the mass of the entire Marvel Universe.
In addition to his magical abilities, Strange is a skilled neurosurgeon and is also trained in several martial arts disciplines.

Character Profile: Doctor Strange Tumblr_mft2e9ut4Q1qllzqwo1_500

Last edited by Doctor Stephen Strange on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Torunn

Torunn

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:36 am

Embarassed he's hot..... and cool *.*
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stephen Strange

Doctor Stephen Strange

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 am

XD Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Hel
Admin
Hel

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:39 pm

I have a feeling that Hel will have a little crush on him <3333
Back to top Go down
https://shielduniversity.forumotion.com
Torunn

Torunn

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:39 pm

Daddy won't approve!! xD *cough* Cool
and i think Torunn might have a crush on this dude as well Razz
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stephen Strange

Doctor Stephen Strange

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:50 pm

XD Ooooooooooooh dear. XD I see Strange being fond of both Hel and Torunn . . . but sheesh, I don't know how he'll react to that kind of attention XD
Back to top Go down
Hel
Admin
Hel

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:51 pm

AWWWWWW *-* why does that make me even happier?? :3
Back to top Go down
Loki

Loki

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Beacuse her dad's Loki? xD
and lol LOVE RIVARLY!!! >8D mehehe, watch out Strange Wink
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stephen Strange

Doctor Stephen Strange

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Loki wrote:
Beacuse her dad's Loki? xD
and lol LOVE RIVARLY!!! >8D mehehe, watch out Strange Wink

XD And Strange loooooves a little friendly competition. Things should get interesting. Wink
Back to top Go down
Torunn

Torunn

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:00 pm

and so does Torunn, a little TO much xP

oh yeah, this game is ON Cool
Back to top Go down
Hel
Admin
Hel

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Hel: yeeah I don't stand a chance...
Back to top Go down
The Scarlet Witch

The Scarlet Witch

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Well girls you need to keep in mind that you now have competition not just with each other but The Scarlet Witch just threw her 'hat' in the ring as well ^^
Back to top Go down
Torunn

Torunn

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:09 pm

oh dear, i have a feelign this will turn out... violent xD

Torunn: Coem on Hel don't give up so fast! Where's your fighting spirit?! >8D
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stephen Strange

Doctor Stephen Strange

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Torunn wrote:
and so does Torunn, a little TO much xP

oh yeah, this game is ON Cool
XD Ooooh boy. This isn't going to be pretty.

Hel wrote:
Hel: yeeah I don't stand a chance...
XD awwww, Hel

The Scarlet Witch wrote:
Well girls you need to keep in mind that you now have competition not just with each other but The Scarlet Witch just threw her 'hat' in the ring as well ^^

Torunn wrote:
oh dear, i have a feelign this will turn out... violent xD

Torunn: Coem on Hel don't give up so fast! Where's your fighting spirit?! >8D

Me: *looks at this mess, then looks at Strange* Look what you've done! And you haven't even interacted with anyone yet!
Strange: . . . *shrugs* ^^
Me: =.=;
Back to top Go down
Hel
Admin
Hel

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Hel: Well you always beat me...
And yes I sense blood on the horizon XDD
Back to top Go down
Victor Zsasz

Victor Zsasz

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 5:48 pm

Well I think Emma will be darkly amused at all the attention he's getting from the female population, she'll probably tease him a lot XD
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stephen Strange

Doctor Stephen Strange

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:02 pm

XD Oh boy.
Back to top Go down
Victor Zsasz

Victor Zsasz

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:05 pm

yhup she'll definitely have fun with this lol
Back to top Go down
The Scarlet Witch

The Scarlet Witch

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Hey Doc you want to Rp Wanda and the Doctor meeting? Smile
Back to top Go down
Doctor Stephen Strange

Doctor Stephen Strange

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:08 pm

Sure! ^^
Back to top Go down
The Scarlet Witch

The Scarlet Witch

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:11 pm

you want to start or me Doc? ^^ and do you know if we should start in a thread out of the Fanfiction area?
Back to top Go down
Clint/Hawkeye

Clint/Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:12 pm

Clint: "Thought I'd find you here, Wanda. I am so right, it's ridiculous sometimes."

Character Profile: Doctor Strange Tumblr_mhda4ds0jf1s1oe0ko6_250

Back to top Go down
Doctor Stephen Strange

Doctor Stephen Strange

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:23 pm

Uuuuuh, you, I don't know how I'd start it. XD (I'm new to the tagging system, the RPing I'm used to was more walk in and throw your characters in and magic spontaneously happens. XD ) And fanfics, since the RP hasn't officially opened yet ^^

Strange: *chuckles* Hello Agent Barton,Character Profile: Doctor Strange Tumblr_mh3mxoGtD21rpdibxo1_250
Back to top Go down
The Scarlet Witch

The Scarlet Witch

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:24 pm

Hey I was interested in the Doctor long before you suggested it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Clint/Hawkeye

Clint/Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:30 pm

Clint: "I know, but you know I was still right." *looks to Doctor Strange* "You're the first male who's actually been civil toward me." *smiles* "Nice to meet you."

Character Profile: Doctor Strange Tumblr_mhlzjwogG21r4ep8so3_250
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Profile: Doctor Strange   Character Profile: Doctor Strange I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Profile: Doctor Strange
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next