Shield University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to Train as Some of the Greatest Heroes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Donna Troy

Donna Troy

What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  Empty
PostSubject: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Diana walked into the training facility, her sharp eyes taking note of everything around her. What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  Tumblr_m4x4k3o60k1qzcnvbo4_r1_250
She was still disoriented, as this change had been quite drastic. She had gone to Man's World, only to end up in a place that was like Man's World, but not the Man's World with her sister. Her sister, who was the whole reason she had gone to Man's World in the first place . . .

Donna pursed her lips. No. No regret. No fear. She was an Amazon warrior. She was here to perfect her skills, to become the warrior that would make her sister and mother proud.

Having momentarily suppressed the emotions that threatened to overwhelm her, Donna looked curiously at some of the training equipment.

"We had nothing like this on Themyscira . . ." Donna mumbled. What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  Tumblr_m6mjcqEpYr1qzcnvbo3_250
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:28 am

Pietro was laying on the weightlifting bench. He'd been lifting for about an hour and was working up a good sweat. He had already removed his shirt when he got ready to bench press. He was able to bench about 450 lbs. not much compared to the hero's with super strength as a specific power but more then the average male. He planed to keep working for another few hours before showering and heading home.

What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_ShMomwOnNVKm0anexzDxexOSeKbLXRYcvUxKRJTwgWetL4gSug

(sorry gots to go to bed now will reply in the morning <33333333)
Back to top Go down
Donna Troy

Donna Troy

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:26 pm

Quicksilver wrote:
Pietro was laying on the weightlifting bench. He'd been lifting for about an hour and was working up a good sweat. He had already removed his shirt when he got ready to bench press. He was able to bench about 450 lbs. not much compared to the hero's with super strength as a specific power but more then the average male. He planed to keep working for another few hours before showering and heading home.

What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_ShMomwOnNVKm0anexzDxexOSeKbLXRYcvUxKRJTwgWetL4gSug

(sorry gots to go to bed now will reply in the morning <33333333)

Donna blinked when she saw Pietro, and she tilted her head.

"What is the purpose of that machine?" she asked, pointing to the bench press.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Pietro set down the weights and looked over at the young woman that had asked him that question. "It's a bench press it's to help increase the strength of an individual. You lift the weights a lot and your muscles become stronger and if you use really heavy weights your muscles get bigger." He explained as he stood up. He patted his brow down with his towel and put in around his shoulders. He recognized the girl from her profile that he had been given about the students so he knew the girl hadn't been around this kind of technology much.

He extended his hand to her. "Hello Ms. Troy. I'm Pietro Maximoff. I'll be your Reflex teacher." he explained.
Back to top Go down
Donna Troy

Donna Troy

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Donna blinked at the extended hand and took it, remembering from some of Diana's reports that this was a way of greeting. Strange.

"It is good to meet you, Mr. Maximoff. I hope to learn much and improve my skills under your tutelage," she answered, not aware that her grip on his hand was a tad too strong - not enough to do damage, but still too strong for a hand shake.

(Yeah . . . that's one of Donna's problems. XD She's super strong and got great technique, but she doesn't have much control. She's a bit like a tank XD)
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 12:00 am

Pietro grinned at the respect she gave him. It was still a bit cereal for him to be a teacher. He winced slightly when she gripped his hand. He placed his free hand on top of her and smiled.

"Something I can tell your not used to is interacting with people that don't have strength like you. And while I know you don't mean to your grip could have seriously injured someone that doesn't have training like your or natural super strength. If you'd like I can help you out before classes start?" he offered kindly.

He remembered how not even 6 months ago he would have flirted like crazy with a cute girl like this but he knew he would have to behave and be professional especially around students like Ms. Troy.
Back to top Go down
Donna Troy

Donna Troy

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 9:10 am

Donna blinked and quickly retracted her hand. "My apologies . . . everyone was just as strong as me on Themyscira," she said, looking down. She remembered one of the warnings that Hippolyta - mother - had given her before leaving. Technique was good, strength and ability was good, but control was what she needed. And Donna knew she lacked control.

So Donna nodded her head. "Yes . . . I need to learn more control."
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:09 am

Pietro smiled. "It's no problem. Control comes with time. Luckily Reflex training will help you learn some control. And honestly just being around normal people will help you learn to control your natural strength." He gestured to the training mats. "Would you like to spar? Get a bit of training in?" He suggested kindly.
Back to top Go down
Donna Troy

Donna Troy

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:22 am

Donna looked over at Pietro, a little unsure. She had obviously almost hurt him by just shaking his hand . . . and she worried that she might do more damage to him when fighting. But she needed to learn control, and she supposed if he was an instructor, it was his job to get hurt instead of the students . . .

Donna nodded. "That would be appreciated,"
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 7:57 pm

Pietro smiled. The girl probably didn't think he was much with what he said, and while she might be stronger then him but he was much more skilled and powerful then she thought she would be. "Alright." He lead her over to the sparing mat.

(ooc: Ok I'm thinking that we go back and forth with the fight. I'll write some you right some... like i have Pietro do something and wright Donna's reaction and then you wright something and Pietro's reaction?.... I'm thinking that Pietro will dodge most of Donna's attacks because of his speed and what he will be doing as a teacher. If it's alright with you I was thinking Pietro would win the spar in the end. Of course Donna will get her hits in. but we can talk about it.)
Back to top Go down
Donna Troy

Donna Troy

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:14 pm

(Sounds fine to me! ^^ And it's totally fine if she loses XD She needs to be humbled XP She's a bit too confident in her abilities)

Donna nodded and followed him. She didn't think much would amount to the match - if she was lucky she wouldn't break any of his bones. These mortals were so much more fragile than the Amazons on Themyscira . . . it was hard to remember that sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Pietro smirked with his back to the girl. Most would say he needed to be humbled, his sister included, but when it came down to it he knew that this girl needed to be brought down even more then he did.

He schooled his features to look uncaring. "Alright lets get to it." Pietro took a loose fighting stance as he waited for Donna to begin.

Donna moved forward. She was much faster then normal people but not nearly as fast as him. He dodged and moved as she swung her fists. Finally he grabbed her wrist and spun under her arm and swept her feet out from under her landing her on her back.

"I'm ready to start when you are." he told her with a grin. "Tell me when were getting started." He smirked at her as he looked at her on the floor. He stood and stepped away waiting for her to get up and come at him again.
Back to top Go down
Donna Troy

Donna Troy

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Donna was slightly dazed, but mostly out of shock. Hm. She underestimated him far too much.

Donna hopped up to her feet and shot at Pietro, swinging her fist at his head. But he was too quick, and he dodged. Donna skidded to a halt and turned to look at him, narrowing her eyes and then running at him again, having her fist fly out at his face again, but at the last second she dropped down and swung out her leg in an attempt to sweep his feet out from under him.

(You can decide if that worked or not XD)
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Pietro smirked as he dodged her attacks. He accidentally let her get to close and she did trip him up. But as he was falling he shifted his body to land on his hands and did a back hand spring onto his feet. He spun on his heel and kicked Donna at super speed in her side propelling her against the wall.

"Now your starting to get it but you throw all your weight and strength into your hits. Your over committing to your attacks and it throws you off when it doesn't connect." He told her as he waited for her next attack.
Back to top Go down
Donna Troy

Donna Troy

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Donna was a bit stunned when she hit the wall, but she quickly recovered, taking note of Pietro's assessment. Artemis had said the same thing when training her, but it still wasn't much of a habit for Donna. So she took her stance, and then ran at Pietro, trying to hold back her strength so as to not throw herself into the attacks. He was still quick enough to dodge most of her punches and kicks, and he managed to kick her onto her back. But Donna retaliated by jumping up almost as soon as she hit the floor and kicking his chest.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:01 pm

Pietro backed up when she kicked him in the chest. "Better." Pietro told her with an excited look in his eyes. "Now it's time to really get started." He smirked as he began throwing punches at her midsection and shoulders at super speed. She dodged a few hits but most landed.
Back to top Go down
Donna Troy

Donna Troy

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:37 am

Donna gave a satisfied smile when she got the kick in, but her eyes widened. Hera, how did he move so fast? Donna tried to block the hits, but he moved to swiftly. She eventually was able to - by pure luck - grab his fists and shove him back, allowing her to get her bearings and into a proper stance, waiting for his next move.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:30 pm

Pietro smirked. "Now this is getting fun." he told Donna as he sprang forward and moved into a spinning side kick. She dodged the first kick but she was not expecting him to continue the attack with a spinning jump kick that he nailed her in her side. She stumbled and didn't expect him to go into a low crouch as he swept her legs out from under her. He then moved forward and pinned her down. He pinned her arms down with one hand over her head and pinned her legs down with his own.

( you can have her either lose or break loose up to you. Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Donna Troy

Donna Troy

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:20 pm

Donna lay stunned for a moment before narrowing her eyes. He had beaten her. He had beaten her!

Every fiber of Donna's being told her to not yield, to break loose and keep fighting. But for once, Donna quenched those thoughts with logic. She wouldn't be able to beat him even if she did break loose. He was too quick and far more experienced in battle than she was.

"You are an extremely adept warrior; I commend you," is what Donna finally said in a slightly dry voice.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Pietro smiled and popped up onto his knees and stood up. He extended his hand to help her up. " Thanks. Your good your self. Honestly your technique is very polished. Almost too polished. If things don't go exactly as you were trained you get thrown off." He said with a smile and explained. "So what's next Miss Troy? You want to learn about any of the things in here?" He asked her kindly.
Back to top Go down
Donna Troy

Donna Troy

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:36 am

Donna nodded her head at him in thanks before looking around. " . . . I think I should learn more about this world, first," she finally said.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:23 pm

Pietro smiled and nodded. "Well I've lived here all my life, any questions you have I can probably answer." He offered with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Donna Troy

Donna Troy

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Donna nodded and crossed her arms as she thought of any possible questions.

" . . . I suppose I could start by learning the customs of this place, so I don't cause unintentional offense," she finally said, looking up at Pietro.
Back to top Go down
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:03 am

Pietro smiled. "Ok. Do you want to talk here or go eat and you can pick my brain about anything you like while we eat?" He asked her curiously.

(sorry it took so long for me to reply... you replied right after I went to work. Razz)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)    What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What a Peculiar Place (Tag: Quicksilver)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shield University :: Out of Character :: Fanfictions-
Jump to: