Shield University
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to Train as Some of the Greatest Heroes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowcat

Shadowcat

The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) Empty
PostSubject: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 11:27 pm

Kitty made her way through S.H.I.E.L.D., she had recieved a phonecall earlier that morning from Nick Fury requesting that she go to his office. She sighed as she tucked some hair behind her ear, she was nervous and she had a feeling that whatever this meeting was for she might not like it. As she reached Nick Fury's office she sighed and then sat down, she had a feeling this might be related to the incident that had occured earlier in the month that had caused others with powers and special talents to come to their world. No doubt Nick Fury was trying to find a way to deal with it all, she wondered if she could just get out now.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:02 am

The elevator door opens and- "HOLD IT!"

Screen freezes.

Spiderman walks out, holding a remote. "I know, I know what you're thinking. 'What the heck is going on and why did Spidey just stop the flashback? Well, both good questions. But, seeing as I have been working with S.H.I.E.L.D. for awhile now, I though I would be able to tell the story of how S.H.I.E.L.D. University came to be." He said, before clearing his throat.

"We're going to backtrack here to what caused all of this..." He said, before pointing the remote to the screen and pressing the rewind button.

"Hmmhmm... That should be it." He said, pressing play. He jumped back when it showed a clip of Wolverine emerging out of a tank of water, growling with his metal claws out.

"Ehehe, whoops, too far..." He said before fast forwarding it again.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now!" He said, pressing play again.

"All right, we all remember the Teseract, right? The glowing blue cube that was used in WWII and Loki had wanted that Thor was trying to take back, and yadadah, the Avengers were formed! Well, anyway, instead of being a good blue cube and behaving, it decided to cause a rip in our universe, causing it to suck some people from one universe into ours. Yes, folks, you heard right." He said, pausing the screen, where it showed Superman and Captain America meeting. "Yeah, apparently this universe had superheros too, go figure, huh? Well, anyway," He said, pressing play, before showing a group of young people. "a lot of younger people were brought in, some who didn't know how to control their powers, so this man right here," Pauses on Nick Fury. "had decided he would start a school for superheros! Weird, huh? I think I heard of a place like that once, but that's not important, anyway." He said, before fast forwarding to showing Kitty sitting down in the office. "There's Miss Kitty Pryde, I've worked with her a bit in the past, but anyways." He said, pressing play again. He paused when it showed Logan stepping out of the elevator. "And, then there's this guy; Mister cool with metal claws coming out of his knuckles, who walks all epic like into the room, saying 'What's going on, bub?'" Spidey said, in his best Wolverine voice. "And- uh-oh, spidey-sense going off!" Spiderman jumped up and grabbed onto the ceiling as someone snatched the remote from his hands. He looked down to see a glaring Logan.

"Uh... hi, Logan, what brings you here?" He said, chuckling nervously.

Logan growled. "I think everyone prefer it if you
didn't narrate how this whole damn thing started." He said, giving a growl.

"Ah, language, Logan! There are kids in the room!" He said, nodding his head to the students in the room during orientation.

"Parker...." Logan growled.

"Okay, okay, I can take a hint! Sheesh, talk about a party pooper, anyways, I'll let you get back to the
boring version of the tale. Spidey out!" He said, before shooting his web and making his escape out of the room.

Logan sighed, shaking his head. "All right, let's get back to this video." He said, pressing play.

Logan walked out of the elevator, glaring at everyone he passed as he made his way to Fury's office.

He walked into the office and raised an eyebrow when he saw Kitty there. "Haven't seen you in awhile, half-pint." He said, leaning against the door frame.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat

Shadowcat

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:14 am

(Love that post Wink XDD now how to follow up??)
Kitty turned in her chair when she heard someone approaching and had to smile when she saw Logan there, however her confusion grew even more so. She got out of her seat though and made her way towards him, "Hey Logan." She said brightly and studied him with interest, "Did you get a call from Nick too?" She asked, frankly curious.
--
(Meanwhile)
Nick had just about had it with that damn spidey, he seemed to be doing his best to ruin the narrative. He shook his head, " Damn spider." He growed under his breath. He had a feeling the two people he would be meeting with would not be thrilled with his propisition. However out of all the candidates he had reviewed those two seemed the best suited and he felt the only two he could trust to do a semi good job.
(He hasn't entered the waiting area just yet btw Wink XD)
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:19 am

Off screen: "You know you love me, Nick!"

Logan scoffed. "A call? Fury practically had his men knock down my door... He sent me a hologram that started playing when I knocked his men out..." He said, shrugging.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat

Shadowcat

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:27 am

Kitty couldn't help but laugh, "Well I guess he likes me more or something." She teased, not at all phased by his gruff attitude, ( oh she had made a pun smooth Kitty she couldn't help but smile even wider.
--
Nick shook his head, "Shut up Web-Head." He muttered, he ignored the strange looks from passerby and glared at them before he neared his office and overheard parts of the conversation, "Its only because I wanted to see how sharp your reflexeses still were." He said as he passed them and opened the door to his office, he waved them to follow after him.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:39 am

"Yeah, right, if you had really wanted to see that you would have come yourself." Logan said, turning to Fury as he came into the office.

"Now, whatever it is, the answer is no. I owe S.H.I.E.L.D. nothing. I only came here to say that because I knew you wouldn't stop sending goons after me if I didn't." He stated, turning to head out.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat

Shadowcat

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 12:51 am

Kitty had followed after, she had to smirk as Logan made his statement and then spoke up, "Sir, even though I have worked with S.HI.E.L.D. I'm comfortable where I'm at so yeah no deal either...sorry." She added hastily before turning to follow after Logan.
--
"Hold it the both of you, now I know you don't owe me anything but I have reviewed all of the possible candidates for this and you two are the only two I trust enough." Nick stated as he moved away from his desk and towards one of the windows, "Now at the beginning of the year S.H.I.E.L.D. came into the possession of an..object. We call it the Teseract, the Teseract is a magical object and can create certain openings. In this case, an opening to another world." He said and let that sink in before he turned away from the window, "You may have heard that the crime rate has gone up this month and that new heroes have come in, at the rate they're coming in...well its gotten to be a problem. Which is why we are creating a university, a university to help train these younger children to control their powers. Now, I am not expecting either of you to choose something that could change your lives but I think maybe this is something you could both benefit from." He said.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 1:02 am

Logan shook his head. "What do you want us to do? Round up all the kids? Not my job." He stated. "I heard about some adults that have shown up, you ever talk to one of them and see what they want to do??"
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat

Shadowcat

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 1:11 am

"Actually yes, and we've discussed ideas, this option is the one that we settled on and no you won't have to round the kids up. Leave that to S.H.I.E.L.D. Now then your roles in this are to be the Co-Heads of S.H.I.E.L.D. university. Now before you decide to say oherwise, hear me out....these people need to be led by a strong, leader. People who can rise to the occasion and look out for the younger generation. Now I know it won't be easy, that's why we wanted to have two people who have worked together and who can help the other one out. Each class would have two teacher's, one from our world and one from theirs." He stated.
--
Kitty wasn't quite sure she was hearing things right, "You're serious?" She asked as she stepped back, that job alone would be overwhelming.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 1:27 am

"Couldn't you have picked Storm or Cyclops? Kitty is a good choice, but one of them would be better then me; they've run a school before." He stated.

He may have taught at Xavier's school, but that didn't mean he knew how to run one.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat

Shadowcat

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 1:39 am

Nick frowned, "They're off the grid, we haven't been able to find either of them. Not that it would have mattered anyway, the reason we chose the two of you together, is because you're a good team. And while Kitty would no doubt be good alongside Scott or Ororo, she has worked with you the longest." He stated.
--
Kitty cleared her throat, "I'm still here you know." She pointed out as she folded her arms, "And while I appreciate being recognized as a leader, that doesn't mean I'm qualified to be a headmistress." She said as she made a face.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 1:43 am

"What do you mean they're off the grid?" He asked, before looking over at Kitty.

"Half-pint, you got enough spunk that people can't help but listen to you, even if they tried, you'd make them hear." He said, receiving a look from her. "You know I meant that as a compliment."
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat

Shadowcat

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 1:55 am

She blinked at him, "That was a compliment?" She asked in a joking way. "I wonder what an insult would sound like...never mind, forget I asked!" She said hastily. She already knew how his insults would come off and she didn't want to be subject to them.
--
Nick smirked at the bantering before addressing Logan, "That's the thing, we can't find any trace of them whatsover, and we've looked everywhere." He said simply.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 2:55 pm

Logan smirked at her hasty reply, before turning back to Fury. "Apparently you haven't looked "everywhere" if you can't find them." He stated.

"I saw them awhile ago... you think this rip is what made them disappear?" He asked.

Back to top Go down
Shadowcat

Shadowcat

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Nick frowned, "The thought crossed our minds, yes." He admitted after a moment, "Though why those two is beyond me." He added as he rubbed his neck before he leaned against the wall. "Now I know you both think you're not ready for this kind of commitment and I understamd that..but I don't want too be involved in an unnesscary war which is what will happen if the university fails to come together. The higher orders of government have given us an ultimatum and I would hope that the lives of some innocent super humans would never be put in danger." He said quietly.
--
Well after that statement Kitty was unsure how to react, "You mean the government will take out the new arrivals?" She asked softly and felt her heart sink when he nodded.
--
"Listen, I'll let the two of you discuss this, but please know the stakes of what will happen if you don't help us." He said before he left the room.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:26 pm

"This is why I hate it when S.H.I.E.L.D. comes up with an offer..." Logan stated, as he sat down in one of the chairs.

He looked over at Kitty. "What'cha thinking, half-pint?"
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat

Shadowcat

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:29 pm

Kitty sat across from him and then looked up at him, "Well I don't know about you but I wouldn't be able to live with myself if could have prevented a war and chose not too." She said quietly and rubbed her forehead. she felt tired and now even more upset. "What about you?" She asked as she looked up at him.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Logan sighed, leaning his elbows on his knees. "I've seen enough bloodshed between men and the government is full of idiots that would do it..." He said, before standing up.

"I guess I have no choice..." He said, his face dark. Guess my travels will have to wait... again...
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat

Shadowcat

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:38 pm

She stood up and put a hand on his arm, "Hey, just think of it this way, at least we'll be together...I mean working together." She said and coughed as her cheeks turned bright red, brilliant Pryde, you still sound like an airhead.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Logan looked down at Kitty and gave a small smile. "Yeah... at least we're not working with strangers..." He said, giving a sigh. "What do you think, half-pint?"
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat

Shadowcat

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:02 pm

"I think we can handle it...we've faced a whole lot of things and even though we may not be seen as the best role models, they picked us because we have at least some expierence. And we'll be working with the adults from this other world and who knows, maybe if we work together we can find a way to send them home so we can go back to our normal lives." She stated, the idea could work...maybe but she wasn't sure how he would take it.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:05 pm

"Sounds better then a war..." He stated, before glancing up at the camera in the office. "You can come back in now, I bet you've heard our decision." He said, knowing Fury was listening in.
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat

Shadowcat

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:23 pm

She silently agreed and looked up when Nick walked back in with a hint of a smirk on his face, she wanted to say something but she was just fed up that she had no choice but to go along with what Fury had planned all along.
--
Nick smirked at them both, "Don't worry, your staff will be handpicked by us and you'll start in two months, we'll contact you both a few weeks before the university officially opens." He said. "Is there anything you'd like to go over?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
Wolverine

Wolverine

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Logan looked at Kitty before looking back at Fury. "We're getting paid, right? You know we've got expenses and after this is all over, I'm gone."
Back to top Go down
Shadowcat

Shadowcat

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:35 pm

"Same, I have missions I need to do." Kitty added, it wasn't untrue, Lockheed her pet dragon had been missing for awhile and Kitty was getting worried about him, the two had always been close and Lockheed usually wasn't gone for this long.
--
Nick nodded an handed them each a folder, "Inside you'll see the grand total of what you'll be making, you'll also be getting benefits and sick leave. Also inside is a summary of your staff, you can review their powers and how powerful each of them are." He said simply before he got up and headed towards the doors once more. "I'll be seeing you once the school year starts to make sure you're prepared." He said as he glanced back at them before he left the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)   The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Start of S.H.I.E.L.D. University (shared pastfanfic with Logan)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next